The Baptist Roman Catholic Church
- PASTOR - REV. LEROY G. KINNAMAN
B.A., M. Div. Ordained 26 May 1973
Canon Law # 515: A parish is a definite community of the Christian faithful established on a stable basis within a particular church; the pastoral care of the parish is entrusted to a pastor as its own shepherd under the authority of the diocesan bishop.
Canon Law # 530: The following functions are especially entrusted to the pastor:
• the administration of baptism;
• the administration of the sacrament of confirmation to those who are in danger of death;
• the administration of Viaticum and the anointing of the sick;
• the assistance at marriages and the imparting of the nuptial blessing;
• the performing of funerals;
• the blessing of the baptismal font during the Easter Season;
• the more solemn celebration of the Eucharist on Sundays and holy days of obligation.
CHAPLAIN: BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
• Indiana State Police, Peru Post
• Knights of Columbus, Tipton Assembly
• Knights of Columbus, Tipton Council
• Tipton Fire Department
• Tipton Police Department
• Tipton County Sheriff Department
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
• St. Joseph Center Development Council
• Tipton County Mustard Seed
• Tipton County Ministerial Association
• Tipton Rotary Club
- BUSINESS MANAGER - KATHY D. LEININGER
The Business Manager, reporting to and receiving direction from the Pastor, is to direct, coordinate and carry out the business affairs of St. John's Parish. In organizing and carrying out the day-to-day business, the Business Manager offers an environment of hospitality to all parishioners, salespersons, staff & visitors.
- DIRECTOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION - DIANE SMITH
As Director, Mrs. Smith is responsible for recruiting and working with catechists for K-8 Religious Education and LIFE TEEN. Working with the Pastor, she coordinates with catechists about the calendar and curriculum for the year. She is also involved with the RCIA, pre-baptismal classes, preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion.